Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Half Time Review.

So today I had the idea to make a video at the end of summer and beginning of fall to explain some of the things that have influenced me during this fine and very hot season, but not only can I wait that long I am not going to be able to remember anything I have been influenced by at this time (the present). That is exactly what this post is for its sort of a mid summer review. So read on if you would like to see how I have been using my summer and you should take some of this as advice and let the next few subjects influence you!

Music:
Okay so first thing I have to talk about is the biggest thing that I have taken part in this summer and that is listening to music and drowning myself in it. I think the biggest music news of this year is the recent Fall Out Boy "reunion" album Save Rock and Roll. I do know that the album release was in April but the album is the most played on my "summer playlist". I do have to say that based on my taste a majority of the album was a 100 percent hit, but like every other album in the world there are some songs on there that I can listen too once or twice but then I start hitting the skip button on my iphone after that 3rd time playing. An example of the songs I enjoy the least on the album would be: Where did the Party Go, The Mighty Fall, and Death Valley. But with that said (getting the negative out of the way first,)  I can say that there are a lot of songs on the album that I will probably love forever! The three top songs in my opinion are: Alone Together, Young Volcanoes, and Save Rock and Roll (ft. Sir Elton John.) So if you have yet to check it out go ahead and listen to the album and by the time you are done reminiscing about the Fall Out Boy legacy you will be getting on itunes and downloading the album and falling in love with the music and lyrics almost as fast as I did.
Top Ten Summer Songs (outside of Fall Out Boy):
1. Rivers and Roads-The Head and the Heart
2. We Get High and Vampires Kiss-John Gold
3. Hold on-Alabama Shakes
4. Silly boy-The Blue Van
5. Blurred Lines-Robin Thicke
6. Miley Cyrus- We can't stop
7. Bon Iver- Skinny Love
8. Bobcaygeon-The Tragically Hip
9. Chocolate-The 1975
10. Avicii-Wake me Up

Websites:
This summer the tech side of me has really came out of its cocoon and I have found a ton of useful websites especially for a broke college student. So here are a few:

Ten Dollar Mall: 
This website is a HUGE life saver! It is a site that sells clothing, shoes, makeup, ect... for women, men, kids, and plus. The best part is that everything is under ten dollars hence the Ten Dollar Mall. I have already purchased at least 10 things from them and all of my clothes are great and the designers take a whole bunch of ideas from huge name brand stores and put them together to create a similar outfit that the "middle and lower classes" can afford. So if you want to get a lot of clothing for cheap go to 10 dollar mall!
Link: http://www.10dollarmall.com/

Target:
I have a specific theory that I stick too when it comes to Targets products because when things first come out it is very expensive in my opinion and the theory is "to just wait." This is because if you wait maybe a month the items you once loved but had to forget due to the price are now 30-70% off because they are on clearance due to a lot of different factors, including decrease in demand, over stocking, and there are new things coming in to replace the older now less expensive products.
Link: http://www.target.com/

Etsy: 
I have heard about the site etsy A LOT recently from people that rave about it so like the recommenders I was on Etsy and fell in love. You look through a whole catalog of subjects to find a product and the price is based on what you want due to its extensive filter when searching. I can say that 85 percent of the products sold on Etsy are homemade and thats why you are getting it so cheap because it is more of a private seller. But when you get the products from a private seller it has a very vintage feel to it and in my personal thoughts I think that vintage is an amazing look.
Link: http://www.etsy.com/

Songza: 
Not only is Songza a website but it is an amazing app that I use almost everyday. When signing onto Songza it shows a "concierge" of different and very specific times to listen to music pops up that ranges between Riding in the car to Late night party. Then after you choose your time in the concierge it brings you to the genre you would like to hear and then you can listen to thousands of playlist based on what you told the app you would like to listen too.

Well yeah that's it for now in the MIDSUMMER REVIEW!
Be sure to check in, check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/n175209cvp (liking, commenting, and subscribing), and have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment