Friday, February 22, 2013

Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors

This is a band I have recently started to listen too. It is a great band to listen too when reading, relaxing, or taking a Sunday drive. Drew Holcomb and Ellie Bannister Holcomb are married and are also the "lead" singers. I like the fact that they are married because it helps the chemistry between the band and also help keep the idea that the music means something to the artist because they also write their own music and its not just them singing off of a sheet of music that was written for them... I had first heard this band off of the popular television show (in which I am obsessed with) How I Met Your Mother.. The recent episode where Robin had the issue that her engagement ring was distracting the men around her from giving her attention in which she missed until at the end she looks at Barney and realizes that she only needs attention from Barney. I find a lot of great music from that show and it usually plays in the last 5 to 6 minutes when the characters come the realization of their wrongs and rights. But back to the band, I had my own little listening party and started with the song "What Would I do With Out You," and that was just the start. I attacked the recommended and still continuously listen to the band and have yet to find a song I absolutely dislike! So with that note I definitely recommend this band, but it may not fit into every bodies musically taste....so I don't expect every one to like it. Just wanted to share some info about Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors!
                    -Chelsea Palmer
P.s . Here is a link t my favorite song of theirs:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFbpKOsNwXA&list=FLbMW9n05vt9-iJBJFO2c1dQ

No comments:

Post a Comment