Thursday, February 28, 2013

Young the Giant!

This band was mentioned in my YouTube video of my list of favorite bands, and Young the Giant comes close to the first! I had originally heard the band on the radio with there first single My Body and I went maybe a week or so to figure out the bands name and other songs but once I did I listened to all of their songs off of their most recent self titled album....and fell truly in love! The band is in the indie genre so if you love indie rock be sure to check them out! My all time favorite song of theirs is a song called Strings, when the song first starts it sound like you are entering a Hawaiin party but then it instantly turns into the continuous strumming of the electric guitar which is almost hypnotizing use of instruments in the song is what makes this my favorite! Don't get me wrong the lead singer Sameer Gadiah does a great job in part of being the vocalist but this song would not make it too my favorites with out the power of the band behind him! I will post a link below and some other informative links about the band!

The band Official Site: http://www.youngthegiant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment